Richard left a large, regional Financial Design firm to open his own practice in Ste. Genevieve in 1972. At the beginning, the firm offered Architectural and Construction services. In the late 1970’s, the firm narrowed its focus to Architectural Services only.
In 1984, Steven Bacon (Richard’s son) joined the firm. The main office moved to Crystal City in 2001. Richard retired in 2005. Steven continues the practice from offices near his home in Crystal City, Missouri.
- B.A. University of Missouri 1984
- Joined Bacon Commercial Design October 1984
- Registered Missouri Architect #7402
- Municipal Planning & Zoning Board, Crystal City (Member 2010-Present)
- Municipal Library Board, Crystal City (President 2015-Present)
- Ste. Genevieve (MO) City Building Code Review Working Group (2016)
- Church Finance Council Member (2008-Present)
- Jefferson County Habitat for Humanity; former Board Member (6 years)
- Festus-Crystal City Rotary Club and various committees at District 6060 level